Published: August 14, 2022
At KinderBell we see great importance in providing equal service to all citizens and improving the service provided to citizens with disabilities. We invest many resources in making our website and various services accessible in order to allow everyone to use our services equally and accessible.
We make sure to comply with the requirements of the regulations on equality of rights for people with disabilities (adjustment of service accessibility), 2013 (hereinafter: the “regulations”) at the AA level, and also implement the recommendations of the WCAG2.0 document by the W3C organization.
Compliance with standards
- The website and the application, on all their parts, including the content structure and navigation, are built in a clear, orderly and hierarchical manner.
- The site is optimized for viewing in modern browsers and all work sizes (resolutions).
- The website allows changing the display size by using the Ctrl button and the mouse wheel.
- The website and the application were designed in contrasting colors that allow optimal use for the visually impaired and color blind.
- All images have an alternative textual explanation (alt).
- The site does not use a moving or flashing text display.
Despite our best efforts to make all the pages on our website and application accessible, you may discover parts or capabilities that have not been properly made accessible or have not yet been made accessible. We are constantly working to make all parts of the website and the application accessible and consider this very important.
If you come across a page or ability that was not made accessible properly, we will be happy for you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of the page or the problem and we will take care of it as soon as possible.